Looking for Event Insurance? Get a Quick Quote Today
Who Are David J Miller Insurance Brokers?
Based in Lancashire, David J Miller Insurance Brokers is a renowned insurance broker and a leading supplier of insurance. Event Insurance Direct is a website promoting the services and event insurance products available through David J Miller Insurance Brokers Limited. Our expertise allows us to provide cover for those who organise events including individuals, businesses, groups, and associations throughout the UK.
- To safeguard your data.
- To delete your data as soon as we no longer need to retain it.
- To never engage in the sale of your data.
- To ensure you know your rights.
We Care About Your Information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our website including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information that is provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
- We will generally retain your information after giving a quotation if you contact us again.
- Suppose you take out a policy with us. In that case, we will retain the information for regulatory and possible claim purposes for 6 years and if your policy provides liability cover indefinitely to protect you in the event of a claim being made against you. Grounds for making a liability claim are expanding all the time and we cannot predict what illnesses, for example, we may be able to claim against in the future.
How We Use Your Information
Firstly, we use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you. In addition, we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
- To provide information that you request from us relating to our products or services.
- To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you.
- To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
- Where your consent has been provided in advance, we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. You can also withdraw your consent at any time.
- To help process or resolve a claim.
- To help process or resolve a complaint.
- We will pass your information to insurers and other managing agents to obtain quotations in accordance with your requirements.
Storing Your Personal Data
Obtaining your details may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our utmost to ensure that all necessary steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately, the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion, such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the absolute security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
We do not store any card payment details.
Disclosing Your Information
- In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
- Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
- To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Access To Information
In accordance with the General Data Protection Act, you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
Such requests should be made in writing to the Data Protection Officer, David J Miller Insurance Brokers Ltd, 339 Union Road, Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire BB5 3HS. Or email your request to DJM@davidjmiller.co.uk.
You may require proof of identity.
We use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. We do this to provide you with the best online service possible. This technology is called cookies which we store on your device.
We will not use any information gathered through cookies on this site to identify you as an individual. If you do provide us with any personal information through our website, we will be upfront about how this will be used. We will make it clear when we collect your personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it. We fully commit to protecting your privacy.
Please note that some cookies are stored on your browser for a certain length of time.
You can adjust the settings on your device to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the decline cookies setting on your browser. Please note if you decline the cookies, you may experience slower running times and you may not be able to access all our website content.
Any Further Questions?