We do update this Policy from time to time so please do review this Policy regularly.
Information We Collect.
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information about your use of our website including details of your visits such as pages viewed and the resources that you access. Such information includes traffic data, location data and other communication data.
- Information provided voluntarily by you. For example, when you register for information or make a purchase.
- Information that you provide when you communicate with us by any means.
- We will generally retain your information after giving a quotation should you contact us again.
- If you take out a policy with us we will retain the information for Regulatory and possible claim purposes for a period of 6 years and if your policy provides Liability cover indefinitely to protect you in the event of a claim being made against you. Grounds for making a Liability claim are expanding all the time and we simply don’t know what illnesses especially may be claimed for in the future.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
For more information about cookies see http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie
We use technology to collect anonymous information about the use of our website. We do this in order to provide you with the best possible online service. This technology is called cookies which we store on your device.
We may gather information about your general internet use by using the cookie. Where used, these cookies are downloaded to your computer and stored on the computer’s hard drive. Such information will not identify you personally. It is statistical data. This statistical data does not identify any personal details whatsoever. Cookies do not damage your device they are merely used to ‘remember’ you when you visit again.
You can visit our website without telling us who you are or revealing any information about yourself. However, if you give us any personal information about yourself or others we promise to treat it securely, fairly and lawfully.We are committed to protecting your privacy.
We will not use any information gathered through cookies on this site to identify you as an individual. If you do provide us with any personal information through our website, we will be up front about how this will be used. We will make it clear when we collect your personal information and will explain what we intend to do with it.
Please note that some cookies are stored on your browser for a certain length of time.
You can adjust the settings on your computer to decline any cookies if you wish. This can easily be done by activating the decline cookies setting on your computer. Please note if you decline the cookies you may experience slower running times and you may not be able to access all of our website content.
You can find information about
controlling cookies as follows
Internet explorer http://support.microsoft.com/kb/278835 Chrome https://www.google.com/chrome/intl/en-GB/more/privacy.html Firefox http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/Clear%20Recent%20History Safari http://support.apple.com/kb/PH5042
Use of Your Information
We use the information that we collect from you to provide our services to you.In addition to this we may use the information for one or more of the following purposes:
1. To provide information to you that you request from us relating to our products or services.
2. To provide information to you relating to other products that may be of interest to you.
3. To inform you of any changes to our website, services or goods and products.
Where your consent has been provided in advance we may allow selected third parties to use your data to enable them to provide you with information regarding unrelated goods and services which we believe may interest you. Where such consent has been provided it can be withdrawn by you at any time.
4. Your information will be passed to insurers and other managing agents to obtain quotations in accordance with your requirements.
Storing Your Personal Data
Obtaining your details may become necessary to transfer data that we collect from you to locations outside of the European Union for processing and storing. By providing your personal data to us, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We do our upmost to ensure that all reasonable steps are taken to make sure that your data is treated and stored securely.
Unfortunately the sending of information via the internet is not totally secure and on occasion such information can be intercepted. We cannot guarantee the security of data that you choose to send us electronically, sending such information is entirely at your own risk.
Disclosing Your Information
1. In the event that we sell any or all of our business to the buyer.
2. Where we are legally required by law to disclose your personal information.
3. To further fraud protection and reduce the risk of fraud.
Third Party Links
Access to Information
In accordance with the General Data Protection Act you have the right to access any information that we hold relating to you.
Such requests should be made in writing or email to the Data Protection Officer, David J Miller Insurance Brokers Ltd, 339 Union Road, Oswaldtwistle, Lancashire BB5 3HS or DJM@davidjmiller.co.uk. Proof of identity may be required.